Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S60 T5: I have a Volvo 2013 S60 American model sedan.

Customer Question

I have a Volvo 2013 S60 American model sedan. My trunk release will not work mechanically with the trunk release button, electronically with the key or electronically with the release on the dash. I had the trunk filled with groceries. Fortunately, I was able to get into the trunk to get the groceries out through the middle of the rear seat (with the exception of the Fat Tire, but I can get that one bottle at a time, if necessary.)
It would be easier if I can manually open the trunk. If there is a way I can fold the rear seat back down, I can get in and manually release it. However, I can't see to get to the release from the inside of the trunk.
Any ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You can't do much on that model at home it will require special scanner to over ride and open trunk it has eletrical module failure preventing unlock most the time software upgrade can help what I have seen but few locks also have been failed there is not much you can do at home Sead can only fold if trunk is open to unlock all other force can open but it all damage seats
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE POSITIVE if you can please WE STAY LOCKED EVEN AFTER YOU RATE YOU CAN STILL TALK TO ME thank you
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.