Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo S-80 2.9 li: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY AND LOCK THE QUESTION

Customer Question

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY AND LOCK THE QUESTION UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM ASKING.THANKS
I have replaced the timing belt, idler pulley and tensioner on my Daughters 2000 Volvo S-80 2.9. The belt jammed when the tensioner blew apart and I had to cut it to get it out. this resulted in me having to find all of the timing marks on the cams and the crank. I am quite sure I have them correctly positioned and the crank turns relatively easy with my breaker bar and there is no noise or anything clashing in the cams. HOWEVER, when I went to start if, it turned over very slowly and there was a clanking sound almost like a dead batters clicks when it does not have enough charge to state the engine. But the noise is more clanky sounding than the noise is the starter solenoid makes
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancelled question do not reply
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Chris- I called customer service within minutes of posting the question since after writing the post, I decided to check the battery just to see if that truly was the problem. As you know, it is located in the trunk, so it took a few minutes, but it was, indeed, the battery. Thanks for the follow up tho.
Thats great, if you do find you still need help in a couple days with this or another concern. Do not hesitate to respond and ask me.