Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo s40: 2000 s40 volvo brought to my shop with recurring

Customer Question

2000 s40 volvo brought to my shop with recurring p1014 code. going to check timing belt alignment first as customer had it replaced recently. is there an alignment mark on crankshaft available without removing covers?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
That corresponds to a Volvo DTC ECM-62 which is for the camshaft timing for the CVVT. This is usually caused by one of three things. First, because the CVVT system is controlled with oil pressure, low or dirty engine oil can cause this. Second is the camshaft reset valve which bolts to the top of the head behind the exhaust cam pulley. Finally, you may have a bad CVVT hub which is a pretty big expensive job requiring special tools for proper alignment.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
But you don't have drive