Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo V70 (wagon): Car running perfectly but last week after

Customer Question

Car running perfectly but last week after filling tank and after about 10 minutes highway driving, Volvo V70, 2005, "pulls", loses power chokes as if gas is not getting through normally. Scary. I am afraid to stall. I step on gas , go off at nearest exit. I seems to do this less when the tank is half empty. I hesitate to fill it.
I had the gas filter changed. Seemed to help minimally but still doing it. I love this car but not like this.
Computer gave code P0193 for Fuel rail pressure sensor so mechanic A wants to change Fuel pressure regulator (module) for 296.93 + 2 hours labor. Mechanic B wants to change wire @ $89 + something like fuel pump @ 450+ and 1-2 hours labor.
I was told it would be useless to try to clean the gas tank.
Please advise
Faithful Volvo driver since 1978
Thank you in advance
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris
My situation is urgent. The car is undependable. I need my car to be reliable to go to work.
My card has been processed for $38.
I urgently need your advice for the peace of mind you offer.Since you work here normally from 3pm-3am, is there a mechanic who can get back to me with some answers right away? Say within the next hour or two.I have had to guess and last night had one mechanic order the fuel pressure regulator which will be installed tomorrow morning.My other mechanic wants to change the wire and fuel pump regulator @ $89 + $475 because "he has one in stock".(see first e-mail).Naturally I would like to avoid any unnecessary expenses.Thanks
I have no control over the others techs or their willingness to help. I would imagine if one could of helped they would have responded.I need to know, have you or has anyone else done the Volvo diag steps for this code.My suggestion would be to hook up a fuel pressure gauge, run the hose out the back of the hood and zip tie it to a wiper arm so it can be seen while driving to see if there is in fact a pressure issue.Have you tied cleaning the throttle body and MAF sensor? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
.