Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo S40 2.4I: I have a 2006 Volvo S40. I had the ac recharged

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo S40. I had the ac recharged and also they looked for any leaks. 2 places now have said either the control modulator either needs to be replaced or reprogrammed. Not sure what to do and don't want to waste a ton of money.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If there is a control module that has lost its programming this would need done by either a dealer or authorized repair center to correct this here.This would be the cheapest thing to have checked by a dealer or authorized repair center to see if reprogramming is needed.
If there is no programming available and it has been tested the module is the cause then it would need replaced.A dealer may be able to tell you over the phone if there is any programming available.
Thanks Pete