Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo S80 T6: Have a 2001 Volvo S80 t6 with ,000 miles.

Customer Question

Have a 2001 Volvo S80 t6 with 69,000 miles. Cooling fan does not turn on when engine is hot. Had scan done and ECM error code 6110 came up. Tech was able to run fan on both speeds via his interface to make sure fan was good. fault said "cooling fan relay missing signal". He suggested I trace the violet wire to the ECM to make sure it was good. The fan will come on when using the AC, so I got thinking there must be something that tells the ECM the water temp is hot. Could it possibly be the sensor in the thermostat housing? I changed the thermostat recently, but did not change the sensor. Is there any way to test the sensor?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, I would be happy to have you help me, but I do not want to set up an account and/or start a free trial only to have my credit card billed monthly. Seeing this has left a bitter taste in my mouth even before we get started. I am going to call customer service and see if I can get a refund. thank you
I would of assumed the tech tested the sensor signal to the ECM during his on demand testing. The code and concern so far are pointing to the ECM to blame. If you can do diag I can get that to you for the code. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris