Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

How much does this service cost?

Customer Question

Hello, how much does this service cost?
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I have an ABS light that flickers on for a few min, and seems to be related to the heat. When diagnostics were run they came back saying the ABS control Unit needs to be changed. Code C00201C. This was done by a non Volvo mechanic. Though a friend said it may be a simpler than expected problem. Is there anything cheaper that could be causing issues, with that code? Or should I just take it to a Volvo mechanic.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin The code you have doesn't correspond to the car it's way too long so I'm guessing your friends machine was unable to read correctly. I would at minimum having car plugged in by someone with Volvo equiptment to get an accurate code read if you want to come back with the code il assist you further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is for a Volvo 2007, XC90
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Yes this code means nothing it needs to be 1 letter and 4 numbers for example.
P0182
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code was quoted by the mechanic.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
I cannot help you with this code do you want me to opt out see if anyone else can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that is fine, thank you
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you can get me codes I will be able to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the code. Thank you.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Right I've done a bit of research and it does appear that the code you have is a manufacturer specific code that relates to abs module failure . To repair you will need a complete abs pump or find a company in USA that Repair electrical part. If you get a new one it will also require software to be coded to your car which will have to be done at Volvo. I hope this helps
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything further I can help with please rate my service