Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo XC90 2.5T: I have a 2004 Volvo XC90 and every now and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Volvo XC90 and every now and then the air blowing out of the vents when the AC is running will be about feel like the temp drops to about a quarter of what it was cooling. The fan is still blowing hard but the coolness of the air coming out is drastically reduced. After a while it will start cooling again at full capacity or if I switch the car off and back on it will usually start again at full cooling capacity. When this first happened, I thought that maybe a seal had blown and the refrigerent had leaked out but when I checked the system, it was fully charged. Again, this is not a regular occurance but it has happened twice in the past week now. What could be the cause of this?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really, I am being charged $20 dollars just for you to ask me "Do you even still need help." I just submitted this question yesterday and I put the urgency was low so why would you need to ask that question? Sorry if I am coming across as sharp/harsh but it is a little upsetting to be charged $20 dollars for the reply above when I was at least expecting what you thought the problem might be or at least asking me for some further clarification.
Before telling you the cause, I need you to do some diag. When this occur I need you to not change a thing and open the hood. Grab the AC lines going into the firewall, they should be ice cold. If not then there is a concern with the AC and command to the compressor. If the lines are cold then we need to diagnose a blend door concern in the dash. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris