Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 2006 Volvo S40 with water leaking in the the rear

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo S40 with water leaking in the the rear passager floorboards. The sunroof drains have been cleaned/clear but it still leaks.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  dramey replied 1 year ago.
Hello most of the times with the front sunroof drains they get deformed where the water comes through making it back up, to access them the dash board or windshield has to come out to access these I remove the sound trap as they are called and cut 1/4inch off of the end. Now also has the a/c drain been checked as this does happen and fills the rear carpet area with water sometimes the hose gets clogged or the exhaust shield gets in the way of water flow. Is easy to acces is behind passenger foot well carpeting under dash, please let me know if you have further questions thanks Doug