Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S80: 2002 S80 sunroof wont close all the way

Customer Question

2002 S80 sunroof wont close all the way
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Most the time if you can't close it due to broken sun roof gear guide they brake at ends and will not close it open all way to repair is big job sun roof guide shave to come out and headliner Partial removed new sun roof gudes cost $650 for parts labor is Around 300-400 for job like that
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
If you can take second can you rate the answer positive thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
uh....I guess I should have been more specific in my question....I know the thing is broken...is there a way to manually close the glass....Your answer is totally unclear as to cost...is it 650 or 3-400 or 650 plus the 3-400??"Not close it open all the way"? What the heck does that mean? The glass moves all the way back but does not close all the way...how can I get it shut to keep rain out until I can fix it properly??
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You can't close manually or open it manually is bad design only way to close to replace now sun roof guides . To that you must pull down headliner then complete sun roof assembly will get dropped down that you will replace take glass out and replace sun roof guides gears assembly's those parts cost $650. Just a part . Labor to pay someone ranges from volvo dealer 300-400 here in Chicago we charge $400 to install that job . Sorry for the misspellings the system types wrong thru voice comands it gets sent to me at work so I have to call talk to you reply
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have more questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am fairly mechanically inclined ..... does the sunshade and sun roof glass come out from the inside of the car or from the outside of the car?

I'd like to take it apart to see if I can fix it

Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
First buy the parts or you can't close . You remove sun roof glass from top then you can slide the sun roof shade out then you have inside parts exposed but like I said all parts are coming in assembly I would get parts first