Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S60 T5: not sure what coolant to get and where to

Customer Question

HI
not sure what coolant to get and where to get it for my 2007 S60?
I just checked the coolant level because the warning light has come on now 2 days in a row and it is 1/2 way below minimum line.
what do you suggest?
I don't drive my car very often 4-5 miles a day and the car only has 72K miles
Also just replaced the alternator earlier this year FEB 2015 would have thought they would top off the coolant then?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin they prob wouldn't have checked or topped up for this job unless it was really obviously low . The anti freeze needed just needs to be mached to the colour you currently have in vehicle you cannot mix colors as they can react more parts stores will stock antifreeze for your car
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Most the time volvo dealers top all fluid with repair but as far your question for coolant type you can use volvo blue coolant from volvo dealer or you can ask or buy from parts store called universal coolant that can be mixed with any color type coolant