Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo XC70: Volvo no start after engine swap

Customer Question

Volvo no start after engine swap
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a 2003 Volvo xc70 I change out the engines and I won't start it cranks
Since the engine will crank, that means we just need to figure out what is missing then work on that to figure out why its not running. Have you, can you, or do you know how to check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse. Accidentally damaging a crank or cam sensor or there wiring or connector is a possible cause.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has fuel spark it wants to start but wont
When you say fuel does that mean pressure and pulse?Have you verified the compression is good?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello sorry I took so long I was working, checked compression it 125 all around way it don't have is power to the crankshaft connection wit key on
125 is low compresison, it can run on that but its very low. Do you have good fuel pressure, and are the injectors pulsing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it does not I was wonder will it need to have the computer flashed mayb
Do you have good fuel pressure, and are the injectors pulsing? "No it does not" Which one are you answering?