Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Volvo V70 2.4: My Volvo 2001 won't start. I turn the key everything

Customer Question

My Volvo 2001 won't start. I turn the key everything lights up but nothing is happening. Is there something about resetting the ignition switch?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help you with your question this evening. If the car is not cranking, you need to verify there is power to the signal wire on the starter. The signal wire is the small gauge green and red wire that clips to the solenoid. Pull it off and check for power while someone turns the key to the start position. If there is power, crimp the terminal slightly and reinstall. Sometimes, they loosen up and cause a no crank condition.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Give that a shot and let me know how it goes.