Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo XC90 T6: 2005 Volvo XC90 AWD SRS Urgent warning on dash.

Customer Question

2005 Volvo XC90 AWD SRS Urgent warning on dash. Took to local Volvo shop (not a dealer). They diagnosed initial problem as clock spring cable. They replaced but message still there. Now they tell me needs new airbag. I looked for airbag and found one at airbagcenter.com. They tell me it cant be the airbag. What is the likely problem and how should I get it fixed. This shop says they cant do it.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.first what are your fault codes ? Based on what fault codes did they replace clock spring ? I need current fault codes from scanner for srs to give you better idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting till Thursday do get s Volvo scanner and then will send
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Ok send me all codes I will try to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem reply when you ready or can do thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought a Volvo code reader because the repair refused to give me the codes. I read the codes and there are no codes for SRS system. There are the following non SRS codes.
CCM-0060,1,2,3,4 and REM 6A01,2I read online a problem with the speedometer display unit having a problem which can cause this display error. What is the next step.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
What scan tool you using now ? If you see srs on dash you must be able to get response from srs module as far fault code I don't think those other codes are related to your srs light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Autophix ES610 OBDII+VOLVO. Shows going through the srs module as it reads codes. Would it show this if it wasn't communicating with the SRS module?Here is the link I mentioned showing the same message and indicating a problem on the DIM display not communicating with SRS module I referred to.
http://stichl.at/2014/01/volvo-xc90-instrument-cluster-self-repair/
Any chance this could be it? In any case is the airbag itself a problem with no faults indicated? What to do next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I noticed that the Cruise control is not working.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
The self repair don't work you can send it out to be fixed they charge $800 but is very good vs new $1600. I don't think your scanner can read srs I would run. Scan at volvo dealer or shop who got advanced can obd2 for srs
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
If you can rate positive we stay locked then you can than reply back when you get more info I help you please rate positive thank you