Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo XC60: I opened my tailgate on my xc60 too far and now

Customer Question

I opened my tailgate on my xc60 too far and now it won't close
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.you can pull down with force it will go down hard and slow . but I have seen that problem on newer model solution are Install new software will be installed if they don't help you will also get new lift gate motors what are updated to prevent that problem .if you car is under warranty this are free repairs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that and the Pistons just start buckling outward. They are stuck on the open position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Enes, it looks like the struts are going to need to be replaced. I have removed the clips to get the tailgate closed but they are still wired in. How do I disconnect the wiring and then reconnect when I get the replacement part?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You must take tail gate a part connectors are behind the trim on tail gate but if you order new they must programmed and re calibrated or you will brake new ones .