Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo 940 Turbo: Marty, I just bought a 93 940 Turbo and the

Customer Question

Marty, I just bought a 93 940 Turbo and the radio needs a code, i called and got the code 6653, but it doesnt appear to be working
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, if the code on file is incorrect you will need to remove the radio and give me the model number, part number and serial number from the radio and I can look up the code for you. Also post your vin number.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN: YV1945872P1088077
Part #:(###) ###-####1
Serial #: V08760 D6281078E
Not sure about the model number only that it starts with CR, currently at work and the car is at home
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, 6653 is also the code I come up with for the radio. Does the radio display say CODE before you enter the code? What happens when you enter it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I enter it and code keeps on coming up, I enter it 3 times then it goes to off and I have to wait until code pops up again... could this be because its Euro Spec? Is there a certian way that i need to enter the code in?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Yes it probably has something to do with the Euro model. I run into this problem on other models from time to time. I am going to have to opt out of the question and turn this over to the UK experts. If any of them can help they will reply to you. Don't reply back to me on this message or the question will relock to me and the other experts will not see it.
Good luck with it. Sorry I couldn't help.
Marty