Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Volvo: Volvo s70 1999 just changed the key tumbler. start it

Customer Question

Volvo s70 1999 just changed the key tumbler. start it up it comes on for a split second then cuts off. Try to crank it again but it wont. Thanks.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wonder if you guys receive my info and standing by for an answer. thanks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to help you with your question today. Did you use a new tumbler or a used one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a new one
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you. Make sure the antenna ring (the part that goes around the column lock where the key goes in) is plugged in. It sounds like it may either be unplugged or failed. That is what reads the key and if it cannot read the key, it cuts the car off immediately as you described.