Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo C70: We just bought a C70 Volvo convertible about a

Customer Question

We just bought a C70 Volvo convertible about a month ago. We have had top down about 6 times and just used yesterday and after 90-120 minutes we tried to put up and truck opened but nothing else moved. The temperature was about 102 in AZ where we live. Later in evening we parked car in garage and tried and top went up. Could operation be affected by heat? Previous owner said he never had a problem in 56k miles.
Thanks,
Al and Debbie XXXX ***@******.*** ***@******.***
XXX-XXX-XXX
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.i think what you have will require. Calibration of roof adding new software and that should take care of problem with time it looses calibration of positions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think that is the answer.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
After you run calibration with scanner it will tell you each sensor repose and position function if there is out of range you replace it it can bad sensor but calibration must be done either way I work at VOLVO also
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Do you have more questions for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
We can stay locked you can reply again if you like please rate the answer positive or neutral ok we will stay locked and you can follow up again if you like. Thank you