Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo XC70: my 2004 xc70 cross country just cut out...it started

Customer Question

my 2004 xc70 cross country just cut out...it started 2x after but now will not start and has a whirring sound when trying to start...not the battery..all systems working but won't start...it was just fine before today, but the check engine light came on...we had the oil changed and systems checked and nothing came up negative...what can this be? we live in Mississippi and it's been quite hot here, but hasn't done this before...please answer asap if possible...it's our only vehicle
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Are you able to check the basic things like fuel pressure, ignition spark, and fuel injector pulse?
Will it run briefly on alternate fuel sprayed in to the throttle body?
This sound maybe from a bad fuel pump that is not making adequate pressure.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris