Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Trying to start car..when turning Ignition key

Customer Question

Trying to start car..when turning Ignition key..dash went black...no sound, nothing..I checked all the fuses..they are ok...not sure about the Starter Relay. In general I do have electrical issues with the headlights (jumped power from one side to the
other) and some open circuits (battery loosing power)..that's why I began to trouble shoot the wiring in the eng compartment
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out so far that the green wire that comes off the starter motor, has no connectivity....and on the fan motor I have connectivity on the red and green wire.....
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
What volvo model and year ? You still need help ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Volvo S70, 1998.....
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
What test you done so far
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
- Noticed a voltage drain on the battery when i plug in the 60amp fuse of the cooling fan (Main Fuse box)
- Checked starter motor for connectivity on all three wires (black red green) noticed no connectivity on the green wire going into starter, but all contacts on the starter are ok...
- On the cooling fan I have connectivity on the black wire (bat/neg to wire) and the same on the green and red wire coming from the fan motor which I found odd....i should have connectivity only on the green wire but not on the red...which makes me believe that the fan motor is grounded..
- There could also be a problem with the starter solenoid, but not sure how to test that!
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I think the question for online support thru email is to long I don't have diagrams online to access and send you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unbelievable, so you are not able to help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I can't help with all problems. Online I don't know answer like this thru email you like refund I can help more like how to replace a part or locate diagnosing car thru email very hard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I want a full refund...and be done with this site...thank you
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
This site is good and helps a lot poeple but some problem you must understand can't be diagnosed thru email .