Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Volvo xc60: yes. my 2010 volvo xc60 key fob is dead. how do

Customer Question

yes. my 2010 volvo xc60 key fob is dead. how do I enter car and start engine?.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I assume the key will not work either? When the fob battery is replaced often you have to reprogram the fobs meaning access inside the vehicle is needed. You may have a dead car battery, if that's the case you will need to raise the vehicle and get power to the battery by appling power to the starter or alternator main wire.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris