internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

Volvo XC90 T6: I have a 2004 Volvo xc90, when I drive it

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2004 Volvo xc90, when I drive it makes this loud clicking thumping noise. This noise only happens when I'm driving.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Brandon.
The thumping is most likely due to a flat spot on one of tire. Very often the steel belt got shifted inside the tire and could cause the flat spot. This is sometime due to manufacture defect. You could do an basic inspection on each tire by feeling each tire with the palm of your hand. Run your hand across each tire and you could if the tire thread is curving or have sharp edges. A good tire thread should be uniform and balanced.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Please rate me positive for the prompt service. Thank you!