Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo: They're running a special (15% off) on accessories and

Customer Question

They're running a special (15% off) on accessories and I'm thinking about the Polestar software upgrade for my 2012 C-30 T5. Any issues I need to consider?
Thanks, RNU
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In some cases the programming to increase horsepower and running performance over time can damage the engine as it pushes the engine harder.I can't say this for all programming but I have seen this occur allot with after market programming and usually try and suggest to stay away from anything but factory programming.
The choice is up to you but over time this lessens the life span of the vehicles engine in most cases.
Thanks Pete