Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S80 T6: I have a 2000 s80 with the 2.8 turbo, the cams

Customer Question

I have a 2000 s80 with the 2.8 turbo, the cams were removed for a head gasket replacement and the intake cam gear was removed from the cam. I need to find out how to set the cam gear properly on the cam. Also can I torque the cam cover down with the #6 lobes on the cam getting ready to open the exhaust valves on #6 cylinder.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.you will need to get but can shaft locking tool that will bring camshaft in timing do you need to know where to buy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the locking tool.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
I have helped other costumer on other web page while ago I can't put pictures info here can you go here in this link and take look at pictures and text for it is same set up for you ideas what to do also please rate answer positive we stay locked you can talk to me after ratting again
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?166911-Cam-cover-install-and-VVt-intake-setting-s70-na
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats for a 2.5l, is the cam timing the same? as far as above and below center line?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Yes same way 5 and 6 cylinder . After our set crank and use that toll your timing is do to say set . Only thing you have to play around if you don't get it right first time his variable timing that will only do check engine light of is wrong set .