Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Volvo XC70: p0497 code low purge flow

Customer Question

p0497 code low purge flow
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I’m Juan and my goal is to help you solve your car issue.
I understand your frustration. I too dealt with this ECM-4007/P0497 code several times in the past and did exactly as you have done; replaced all the EVAP hoses as well as the purge valve only to have the code come back time and time again - in those instances, I ended up replacing the PCM as the only way to fix the problem.
Well, finally a bit of good news; in 2009 Volvo released a software update that takes care of this code. So now, instead of having to replace and program the PCM, all you would have them do at the dealer is to update the software as per Volvo release RJ-16629 - still a couple of hundred dollars or so, but not the almost grand the new PCM and programming would cost.
Kindly accept and rate my answer now if you think the information I've provided has helped you solve your issue. Otherwise, please reply.
Best Regards
Hi again. Just checking to see if the information I provided helped you solve your issue. If it did, then kindly accept and rate my answer now. If it didn't, please reply so we can keep working.
Best Regards.