Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My Volvo C70 roof was in the process of being closed, but once

Customer Question

My Volvo C70 roof was in the process of being closed, but once the trunk was open, the process stopped. The trunk is now open, although I can't push the button in the trunk to move the top, although it sounds like the motor wants to move it.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here it sounds like the roof system has lost its calibration and needs to be re calibrated to correct this issue here.This can happen in some cases as well as one of the micro/position switch signals sending an incorrect signal will cause this as well.
The fault codes need checked using a scan tool that can plug into your vehicle and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect it needs recalibrated or a micro switch has failed needing replaced.
Thanks Pete