Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S40 2.4I: Daughter had a 2006 s40. Yesterday while driving

Customer Question

Daughter had a 2006 s40. Yesterday while driving the biehornn started honking, she got to the side of the road before car shut off. Tried to crank but nothing. Gave a key error message on dash. Had it towed home still nothing. Any ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.key error is main module can't read chip from key can ba key it bad modul in car where it can't process keys they do go bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today while trying to start the car I switched the headlamps from off to automatic. When i did that the car would crank but still idled rough.
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
You will have to run fault cods scan before you will know much more . Also on right side lover dash foot area is fuse box with lot wires and connections those connection s get loose and crate lot problems disconnect battery than unplug all connector from top and buttom and reconnect them all and try again . If if don't help you will have to use volvo scanner
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help?