Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Volvo S40 i: My volvo battery died complety died got a jump

Customer Question

My volvo battery died complety died got a jump every thing came back on but it won't turn over what's wrong with it how do i reset compute 8
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** reset the computer, you need a scanner, but sometimes it will clear by removing the battery cable and touching them together for 30 seconds, and then reinstalling them, have you tried thus yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havent touched them together but i took them off and waited a couple mins but nothing happened
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
is there a message in the info center regaurding the key?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its doesn't say anything i have a spark from the battery it just wont turn over what else could it be
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
its possible the starter is bad, have you checked for power on the small wire at the starter, when cranking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont know where its located
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
it is located under the car, it bolts to the engine where the trans and engine meet, it will have 2 wires, one large and one small, we need to see if the small wire has power when cranking, if it does, then the starter is bad,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it a fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the scu
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
we need to check the wire for voltage when cranking, if it has voltage, and the starter does not turn, then its a bad starter, if it does not have voltage, then we need to check the ignition switch,Tim