Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Volvo XC90: 2004 XC90 with two problems1. center brake light

Customer Question

2004 XC90 with two problems
1. center brake light working, but two outer will not illuminate when brake pedal is engaged
2. Rear latch lock will not release - have to crawl behind third row seat and manually release the emergency lever to open
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There is a brake light relay but looking at the diagram info on this model here if this relay was the issue the third brake light itself most likely will not work as well.
From what is described this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the REM control unit itself or the REM shunt that feeds these brake lights the signals to operate.This will need tested further to pinpoint the exact cause here and then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete