Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo 40s: I just bought a 2002 40s. The engine light is on,

Customer Question

I just bought a 2002 40s. The engine light is on, and let a mechanic have the car for three months. He replaced timing belt,all sensors, and the computer. It is showing a poo15 code. Light is still on. Also he also. Changed the oil which ears very dirty. What else? Thanks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here. My name is ***** ***** I'm a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic. I'm going to try to answer your question.A code P0015 refers to the VVT (variable valve timing) or VCT (variable camshaft timing) components and the car's PCM (powertrain control module, also called an ECM).A P0015 DTC trouble code may be caused by one or more of the following: Incorrect camshaft timing Wiring problems (harness/wiring) in intake timing control valve control solenoid system Continuous oil flow to VCT piston chamber Failed timing valve control solenoid (stuck open)
He needs to make sure timing hub in engine fear it self is correct if that is good you will need new vvt sollenoid and timing hub gear Exhaust side
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.
If you can take second of your time please can you rate answer positive excellent or neutral just press one of those ratting buttons and that is all . My boss looks for your feedback ratting from you to me to be good. If you can do that please for me and you can still talk to me after ratting we stay locked . Thank you
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.