Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

I have a 2000 volvo turbo, and the computer is showing a misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2000 volvo turbo, and the computer is showing a misfire on cylinder one, my mechanic advised me to to to a pull a part and get the coil and the wires attached, is that what I should do or should I get a second opinion?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemits very hard to say if that will correct this issueif the code is specific to cylinder # ***** misfiring it can be caused by that cylinder missing spark or fuel or compressionto just guess its the coil and wires for cylinder # ***** is purely a guess and may or may not correct this issuebefore you go and try parts it would be best to get a second opinion as to why # ***** cylinder is misfiring with a few tests to see if its spark or fuel or compression in cylinder # ***** could be as simple as a coil or spark plug to possibly the computer not firing # ***** injector or coil as it should be due to a wire or connector issue at the injector or coil or even an injector causing this problem to a vacuum leaki feel in the long run it would be cheaper to have a second opinion on this problem and have them tell you why # ***** cylinder is misfiring then decide on replacing the part they say is bad or just having them repair it for youthese parts can add up to be expensive and its not worth guessing on this1 problem 1 fix