Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Volvo S80: left key remote in port 2 days batt went dead put

left key remote in port 2 days batt went dead put charger on still no power at push button

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris yes still have problem I was a mech. But not on Volvo and this was 20 years ago I now sell cars my tech at work did brakes for me and left the remote in port I get to use a demo. Went to take car out of shop found batt dead then the no power at start button push button nothing happens. My tech is not able to ck this out he will need help.

When things in a car are left powered till the battery dies, often this causes rapid electrical surging which causes module circuit boards to fail. The first step we need to do is a complete vehicle system scan to get all the codes stored from each module to see if some modules will not communicate as well to see if there are U codes or theft system codes.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris