volvoexpert1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Volvo Master Technician with 15 years excusively with Volvos. Also ASE L1certified for over 10 years.

Volvo S60 T5: Hi, I have a Volvo s60 2.4 T5. I recently took

Hi, I have a Volvo s60 2.4 T5. I recently took out the throttle body to clean and after replacing it back, the car starts and cannot hold rev, it jus starts than it dies. Is there any programming needed after putting back the throttle body?
In e meanwhile i have ordered a refurbished throttle body, can i jus replace the throttle body and no programming neded? Thanks

volvoexpert1 : Hello! On a 2006 there is no software or programming needed for the throttle module. When cleaning the throttle it is important not to allow solvent to get inside by not overwetting the areas where the shaft enters the housing. I spray the cleaner on a toothbrush instead of directly on the throttle, then wipe with a rag. The connector is a problem area. The terminals are very small and easily damaged. The connector terminals, pre crimped to a short length of wire, and terminal housing to them to snap into, are available from Volvo. The old connector is to be snipped off one wire at a time and solder spliced to the new leads one at a time to avoid crossing them up.
volvoexpert1 : Let me know if there is anything else you need to know on this before rating my answer. Thanks!