Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo xc70: Just purchased a 2005 Volvo xc70. It is in good

Just purchased a 2005 Volvo xc70. It is in good shape with 180000km. My only concern is a very noticeable shimmy or shake or vibration at around 100km/hour, becoming more severe at around 120km/hour. Alignment? Tire balancing? Something more severe?
Also, getting a text message that the alarm system require servicing. What could possibly need servicing in the alarm system which is working fine?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 11 months ago.

Enes :

Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need

Enes :

high speed vibration are most the time in tires and wheels

Enes :

than also it can be drive shaft and engien mounts

Enes :

and for alarm most the time is siren module but to confirm siren problem alarm problem you must use scanner to hook it up read error codes

Enes :

but i would say vibration will be bad tires or bent rims so close up inspection needs to be done

Customer:

thanks enes. the car has a 30 day all inclusive warranty and is going back next week for some final work and adjustments. I will use your comments to guide me. Will let you know how it turns out and finalize your payment.

Customer:

Is the problem is engine mounts or drive shaft, is that an expensive issue? Can you estimate what it might cost?

Expert:  Enes replied 11 months ago.
Drive shaft can be costly repair each side if you using volvo parts is close to $800

You can reply back to me anytime for follow up

If you can take second rate my reply positive my boss look for good feedback from you you to me you can reply after feedback to me anytime again
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hi Enes. you have not answered my last question. Perhaps you missed it.

thanks

george

Expert:  Enes replied 11 months ago.
i dont see your last reply feel free to ask question
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience: 15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase