Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

volvo s60 awd: the gas pump stops before my tank is completely

the gas pump stops before my tank is completely full and the gas mileage says I have 550 miles to an empty tank. It normally reads 435 miles when full. it is a 2004 volvo s60 91,000 miles.

Enes : Hello and welcome to my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Enes : you problem is common and is linked to fuel pump level sender
Enes : The fuel pump has built in level sensor that fails and there is one more level sensor in tank that one can go bad also but is more the fuel pump it self with level sensor reads wrong abs than miss calculates the mpg
Enes : you will have to test fuel pump and level sensor in fuel tank and replace as necessary
JACUSTOMER-ri6qy50c- :

how much does this run? can only a volvo dealer fix this

Any one can fix but I recommend volvo dealer you ask them if there is any recall on fuel pump they had some cars with vin numbers if in range free fuel pump . But cost to you if you pay will be around $780 parts and labor