Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Volvo S80: 2002 s80 does not move in d only in tiptronic

2002 s80 does not move in d only in tiptronic

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not receive an amswer

Are you sure there are no trouble codes, I can not come up with anything solid to determine whats wrong, there should be codes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do not take this the wrong way are you a volvo tech need to talk to a volvo tech I am a master tech and I my own shop can not come up w/anything myself that's why Iam trying to get a volvo tech that maybe has seen this problem thank you

No I am not a Volvo tech, I am Ford tech. You waited for 9 hours so someone at least needed to respond and try to help. The only thing I can assume is no Volvo techs we have here knew the answer. I can opt out and let you have another go around on the list if you would like.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please thank you very much I will contact the customer support because noone pick it up but thanks I always have problems w/ fords .

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.com my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .you have problem the shifter will not stay locked in d ? It pops out the drive and stays in tip tronic side shifter ? Is that what you have ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No when you put it in D it will not move only when you put it in tiptronic but it feels like slips in firts in tiptronic and you can shift 1 to 2 and 3 no codes .

If the problem is not in gearshifter they used to brake inside a lot .but transmission fail very much and very common to fail for problem like that also first check shifter make sure is not broken inside next step is trans it self the 6 cylinder trans brake very fast
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks what do mean by gearshifter brake inside ?

The shifter can brake around d position and will not stay in d moves out very easy. To test is simple if the shifter moves very fast out d or will not stay in d then look at shifter assembly if that is good then you look at trans
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will try that also when I look w/my scanner and look at the shifter position it says it does not match so what does that says? thanks when put on D when put in reverse it says ok.

Ok shifter postion pnp is also built in trans inside
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks

If you have more question feel free to ask if you can take second rate positive or neutral my reply to you my boss looks feedback from you thanks
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience: 15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase