Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Volvo XC90: Hello, I am a 2008 Volvo XC90 AWD with the 4.4l

Hello, I am a 2008 Volvo XC90 AWD with the 4.4l V8 - I notice a whining noise coming from the rear of the car at about 40mph and only when I have my foot on the accelerator providing power, once I release it goes away I believe or may quite down that I cannot hear it. I have read that a lot of people think it is the rear wheel bearings, but curious if it is the rear differential making noise.

Enes : Hello and welcome to my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .
Enes : most noise and very common is failure of rear wheel bearings
Enes : also make sure your tires are not chopped up and produce noise

Is it possible that wheel bearings will make noise only at a certain speed and only under acceleration or under power? The Car does have 54,000 miles and it sounds like the wheel bearings is a pretty common issue with these (as with all cars).

Enes : They can make noise only at high speed also if you drive higher speed and move drive at side to side slight angles changes thr noise changes also louder or less one way to test
Enes : Also drving on light helps point noise easier
Enes : also tires chopped up can hide problem and point to other part but can be just tire bad also seen that a lot also
Enes : I have seen under 30000 miles bearing fail
Enes : do you need to know also where to buy parts cheaper ?
Enes : .

Yeah if you can give must suggestions on where to buy the parts I would appreciate. Wheel bearings appear to be pretty simple to change out.

All you parts for volvo and tools email them request what you like priced If you can take second d rate my answer today Positive thank you