BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

how do I rest time for service light on a Volvo XC70?

Category: Volvo
Expert:  BigBob replied 1 year ago.

BigBob :

Greetings and welcome!!!!!!

BigBob :

Does your volvo has push button start?

Expert:  BigBob replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  BigBob replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will give the regular way, but if you have push button start let me know.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI)

Hint: The indicator can also be reset using VIDA vehicle communication.

Resetting the Service reminder indicator (SRI), model years -2001
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The lamp remains lit for 120 seconds when the ignition is switched on.

Note! If the lamp flashes, it may be because one of the service parameters has not been programmed.

Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):

• Ignition position I
  • Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
  • Ignition position II
  • The service reminder indicator (SRI) starts flashing when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds
  • Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 5 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.

Note! If the trip meter reset button is not released within 5 seconds the indicator is not reset. However the indicator will stop flashing.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.

• Ignition position I
  • Ignition position II.

Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.

• Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.

Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.

• Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
  • If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

Please let me know if i can help further,
Bob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience: Shop Manager with 25 years experience