Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Volvo S80 3.2: 2007 S80 3.2L. A/C fan does not seem to be

2007 S80 3.2L. A/C fan does not seem to be working. A/c works as cold air comes out vents but fan does not respond. Want to access the blower motor to see if it is getting poer but cant seem to locate it. Any diagrams, pictures or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have a volt meter, I can help you diagnose this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have a volt meter. My plan was 1st to see if 12v was getting to the motor. If it was 12v at the connector, i'd take the motor out and then put 12v to it from the battery. If it didnt work id replace it. Im not sure what the plan was if it worked. My 1st problem is actually finding the blower motor on this model. Ive taken glove box out and its not right there like on previous models.
No, these are not like the earlier models, and rquire a specail tool to remove them, i will post a PDF file below showing the procedure,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tim,

I downloaded this document and have some questions. On the first page I'm not sure I understand where that is located or what it is. Do I just unplug that connector.

On Page 3 where it says to remove the control module relay box. Is there any issues with that. Is it possibel to get access to the link it refers to?

Is the connector on the bottom of Page 4 and top of Page 5 the power to the motor?

Is the blower motor down in the blue cage on the top of Page 6?

Can that blower motor wrench be purchased?

Regarding diagnosing this how do I go about doing this? Would you reccommend replacing the blower motor resistor at the same time? Thanks

Tim

Yes, the tool will need to be purchased from a volvo dealer, they are not cheap. it may be best to have them do this, the total labor to replace these is 2 hours, so about 160 dollars, you will most likely have this much into the tool alone,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks tim. Based on what I've described would you think that the motor is shot or could it just be the climate fan relay. That is another issue because it is in the 2nd level of the fuse box under the hood, which i have no idea how you get to.

we see alot of the blower motors bad on these, we have done alot of them,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tim. Any idea what the parts cost? Thanks

the blower from the dealer is about 300 dollars, the part numbe is 31291516,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tim!

Anytime my friend,tim