Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

how do I open a door on a Volvo xc390 suv which I have child

how do I open a door on a Volvo xc390 suv which I have child locked ? how do I release a childlock ?

all the child lock does is prevent the door from being opened from the inside, if the lock is fully unlocked it should still open with the outer handle

so ensure that the car is fully unlocked with the key fob and / or the interior lock release button

if you can open all the other doors from the outside then there's an issue with that lock and you'll have to get the interior trim panel off to investigate further
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will have to have my husband remove that interior panel...because I am unable to open the door from inside or out but it just happened after I clicked the child lock then I was unable to open the door either way befoire that the door was ok

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can u give directions as to how the panel comes off ? such as where the points of attachments are ? to make it easier for him to remove the panel without damaging it ?

try this: