Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

Volvo S40: I have my vin and need to reset the stereo it says

I have my vin and need to reset the stereo it says input code. Can you get my code for me?

Edward Clayton :

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

Edward Clayton :

If you can post your VIN number for me, I can get the radio code for you. It is a 4 digit code you will just enter it in the radio where the channel preset numbers are.

JACUSTOMER-cg392ld4- :

YV1VS29573F952113

Edward Clayton :

OK, I just realized it is past 6 pm eastern time, and the parts department is closed. I have to enter the VIN into Volvo database to get it, but I can't access it until tom. now. I can get it for you tom. in the a.m. Is that alright?

JACUSTOMER-cg392ld4- :

ok. I won't be charged again right? And do I just check my email tomorrow?

Edward Clayton :

No you will not be charged again, yes, just log back in to the site, and I will have it for you. I believe it sends you an email when I post here and alerts you as well. But, this chat log doesn't go away when you log off the site, It will be here for a very long time. as I see my questions months later that are still on the site. I see you are new so I want to explain that to you.

JACUSTOMER-cg392ld4- :

ok. I am new and haven't set up account I will check this chat in my email tomorrow. Can you tell me was my $47 fee just a one time fee?

Edward Clayton :

Yes, it should be a one time fee. There are subscribers and one time customers. I am a customer as well as a certified Volvo tech. I only answer questions in my spare time from home and do not handle any Credit Card transactions however. Send an email [email protected] and they will have all of that information for you.

JACUSTOMER-cg392ld4- :

thanks

Edward Clayton :

Absolutely, You do see the email address correct?

Edward Clayton :

Also, don't try to punch in anything, or then the radio says OFF, and you have to leave it powered up for a couple of hours until it says CODE again.

Customer:

ok. I made an account. we won't try to put anything in. I will check chat tomorrow. thanks

Customer:

Good morning. just checking in to see if you got the code :)

Hello, your radio code is
4144. Punch that in 1 time and radio should cut on. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.