Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

Volvo 850 GLT: 2-2-1 long term fuel mixture too weak in part-lo

2-2-1 'long term fuel mixture too weak in part-load stage and 1-1-3.

Sometimes, when the car is running normally, if will just shut off. One time on the the highway, it hesitated, I couldn't maintain the same speed as it seem to loose power than, without the car stopping, I regained power again.

Would you recommend I purchase MAF sensor?

Edward Clayton :

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

Edward Clayton :

First thing to do, is check the fresh air pipe from the MAF to the throttle body. if it's corrugated plastic, spread those apart and see if there are any holes in the pipe. If there are, replace the pipe, clear codes and retest. If the air pipe is good, look for any other vacuum leaks along the vacuum lines and throttle body.

Edward Clayton :

If you don't have any vacuum lines, I would recommend cleaning the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner. clear codes and retest. If That does not take care of the fuel trim codes, then I would suspect the MAF and replace it, but check those other things first. Let me know if you have anymore questions. thanks.

Customer:

Thanks Ed,

Customer:

I will try what you recommended tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Edward Clayton :

absolutely, please rate my service excellent, and let me know if you have anymore questions. thank you.