hauto
hauto, Technician
Experience:  worked on volvo's in a volvo dealership for 5 years, factory trained, run own repair shop now.
24868125

Volvo XC70: Looking to find a OBD2 scanner useful for a 2001

Looking to find a OBD2 scanner useful for a 2001 Volvo XC70. Any idea where to find it?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  hauto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using JA

There are many scanner choices available, to try to get you an answer that fits your concern what is it your trying to accomplish, code read, data display, engine, abs or other modules?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It should read : Engine, Transmission, ABS, SRS, Code read, data display,

Expert:  hauto replied 1 year ago.

Thank for the reply.

The launch scanner will do just that. and it's the most functional scanner for Volvo's and other imports. it is about $2500 to 3500. all the other scanners will not do as good for what you want.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How about engine, Transmission, SRS, code read?

Expert:  hauto replied 1 year ago.
The scanners that are available and priced under $500
Don't read abs, and air bag modules. They can only
Communicate with the engine module.
For that any parts store has them and they range
But they will not preform the task you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, I assume the Seatbelt Restraint System (SRS) is part of the airbag module?

Also, do the less than $500.00 scanner code read and data display? Can you suggest a unit that deals well with Volvo data?

Expert:  hauto replied 1 year ago.
yes the seat belt is part of the srs system, and there is not a scanner that can read data of the srs system for less then $500.
hauto, Technician
Experience: worked on volvo's in a volvo dealership for 5 years, factory trained, run own repair shop now.