Enes, VOLVO Master Technician

Volvo XC70: The ETS light on our 2000 Volvo V70XC has been

The ETS light on our 2000 Volvo V70XC has been on for 6+ months. The volvo mechanic I spoke with said it could stall while I was at a stop, but not while driving. The other day, it stalled while driving. Could it be the ETS? Another mechanic said he heard the fuel pump as he turned the key in our driveway, so it must be the ETS.

Let me know if you need additional info.  Saw a reply asking for info, and it's gone after I processed the free trial gizmo.

Hello and welcome to my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try to help you find the help you need .if your ets light you car can will turn off while driving and at stop. That is what I see many times ets is your gas pedal throttle housing called etm bad now you wil need to replace that throttle but it has to be programed with a software if you install new one cost is around $1000 parts and labor
Follow up here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I should clarify that the car did not die. I just lost power. I was going up an onramp and it barely made it to the top. Does that sound more like a fuel pump?>

Ets light must address first if you any warrning on dash fix that ets has lot problem and car will not idle or have no power those are all pointing bad etm throttle for ets light .