2006 volvo xc90: Oil pressure light came..check engine light

2006 volvo xc90. Oil pressure light came on but has not returned. Reading p0027 code with check engine light. I'm on vacation. Oil is fine. Is it safe to drive this vehicle or need to service before I travel 600 miles?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX should have this checked before traveling very far, the P0027 is a slow response from the camshaft controller, and this is operated of of oil pressure, if you have low oil pressure, it needs to be fixed or you could damage the engin e,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I take to mechanic, what r some expectations I should have regarding the issue? Oil level is fine. What should i have them check? Much appreciated.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 4 years ago.
First thing to check is the actual oil pressure, if iot is actually low, it could be many things, like a weak oil pump, a restriction in the filter, worn bearings, many things, they will have to do some diagnostics to determine ehat the culprit is, if the pressure is good, then it may be as simple as a bad oil sending unit giving false readings,Tim