Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

Volvo xc90: engine system service required 2004 volvo XC90

Customer Question

engine system service required 2004 volvo XC90 any ideas what this means check engine light on also. can i drive 750 miles to a funeral and it get fixed then
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I will try to help, Most likely the ETM or Emissions system has logged a code. You can drop into an Advance, Oreilly or Auto Zone if you see one, and get them to scan your system for free. A general rule of thumb is, If the engine isn't overheating, and the oil light isn't on, and seems to run with good power, then it's OK to drive. If you see any overheating or oil light though, then the engine is not OK to drive. It could just be an engine sensor or minor vacuum leak. If it was running fine then I would drive it.