Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

how to replace rear shocks on xc90 2004

Customer Question

how to replace rear shocks on xc90 2004
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help you with your question. Can I have the VIN?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Vin # XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How to change rear Neiomat shocks
Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
Okay, raise the vehicle and remove the rear wheels. Support the control arm with a jack. Slide the rear seat back and lift up the insulation and padding to access the top of the shock. The nut is cross shaped. Volvo makes a special tool to allow you to turn it and counterhold the shock with a torx socket. Then slowly release the control arm, remove the lower bolt and remove the shock.
Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience: One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Having trouble with removing trim panel arm rest cup holder area
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Andy replied 5 years ago.
You shouldn't need to, you should be able to access them by just sliding the seat bottoms back and pulling up insulation. The procedure actually says to cut the insulation but you may not have to cut it
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 5 years ago.

Remove: the front floor hatch the form-moulded floor mat.Fold the soundproofing over the damper mounting out of the way.7 seats: Slide the seat cushion back on the rear row of seats.Lift up the carpet.Cut up the soundproofing.Fold up the soundproofing. Remove the cover on the splash guard.

Here is Volvo procedures

>>>> CLICK HERE