Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1

Volvo V70: Last fall It had an intermitent problem..turn right

I have a Volvo V70 2000. Last fall It had an intermitent problem when starting. After turning the ignition the motor would start and turn right off as if the gas was being cut off. I would need to reset the ignition, start again ( up to 10-15 time before the engine stayed on). No problem in the winter or cold temperature. Now in the spring it is starting to do the same thing again. I have no code or check engine light on. What could be the cause of this?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help you with your question. This could be an intermittent fault in the immobilizer system. A common problem is with the antenna ring but the immobilizer module could also be at fault. I would start with the antenna ring because it is cheaper and something you can replace yourself, while the immobilizer module needs programming at the dealership and is more expensive. The antenna ring clips to the ignition lock. The lower steering column cover needs to be removed to remove the antenna ring.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does this have anything to do with the weather/temperature?
I have seen antenna rings go bad quite often but haven't seen one be weather related. Without having the codes read, I can only go off experience. Generic code readers cannot read all codes that can be stored.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll see what I can do.