volvoexpert1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Volvo Master Technician with 15 years excusively with Volvos. Also ASE L1certified for over 10 years.

2006 volvo s40: a radio reception problem, I

2006 volvo s40 has a radio reception problem, I am getting just 2 stations and I am not sure what may have caused this issue. Any information that may help?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  volvoexpert1 replied 4 years ago.

volvoexpert1 : Have you tried both FM and and AM? On AM, are you getting any background noise between stations, or is it just silent?

There is static background noise on AM stations as well.

volvoexpert1 : There is probably something disconnected in the antenna system. Fortunately it is all in the trunk. The rear window has the antenna grid and it's is possible that it is cut. A connector snaps of to the grid from the antenna amplifier, a red box on the drivers side rear roof pillar.
volvoexpert1 : From the antenna amplifier the signal goes over to the am-fm tuner module under the hat shelf on the passenger side. That is the extent of the antenna cable system as fiber optic communication takes the signal from the am-fm module to the audio amplifier.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me try to fix the problem.

volvoexpert1 : Sorry the information request button was still on.