volvoexpert1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Volvo Master Technician with 15 years excusively with Volvos. Also ASE L1certified for over 10 years.

Volvo xc70: Why does my car alarm keep going off once i lock

Customer Question

Why does my car alarm keep going off once i lock it?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  volvoexpert1 replied 4 years ago.

volvoexpert1 : There are two possibilities here. One is that the alarm siren module is faulty and needs to be replaced. Typically in this case you will be seeing the message "Alarm Service Required" coming up on the dash after starting the vehicle. The siren is in front of the right front wheel inside the inner fender, attached with tamper proof bolts. A dealer needs to initialize the new siren after mounting it using the Volvo VIDA computer.
volvoexpert1 : The other possibility is there is a bad sensor switch on one of the doors or hood. The Volvo computer can read out the last severa
volvoexpert1 : several alarm causes, and if for example, it is the right front door in each case, that door lock unit has a faulty sensor switch and the lock unit needs to be replaced.
volvoexpert1 : An independent shop that has invested in the Volvo VIDA diagnostic computer can also work with the system.